I'm Tavian, a PhD student in the Reliable Computer Systems lab at the David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science, University of Waterloo. I used to work at Microsoft Research Montreal, and before that at a startup called Maluuba, and at the University of Calgary.
Check out some of the projects I'm working on, or read some of the highlights from my blog (the full archive is in the sidebar):
- Long division (latest post)
- A quick trick for faster naïve matrix multiplication
- Exact Bounding Boxes for Spheres/Ellipsoids
- Ray/Triangle Intersections, Ray/Mesh Intersections
- Ray/Bounding Box Intersections (part 2: NaNs)
I'm probably @tavianator on your favourite website: